- Small town kid from East, Texas; high school athlete
- Played college baseball at a small school in Central, TX
- Masters of Science degree in Marketing
- 2008: Launched this site
- 2009: 1st Community Manager for sports marketing firm in Charlotte
- 2013: Married woman who once poured a whiskey down my back
- 2014: Director of Marketing for sports tech start-up; led successful Kickstarter
- 2014 – Present: Led cause marketing campaigns that have fund-raised $18+ million for cancer education, prevention, research and treatment
- 2016: Became a father of an awesome son
- 2018: Became a father of an amazing daughter
- 2018: Launched Dialed In Men
- 2021: Child #3 on the way!
Want more? Check out five things you may not know about me here.
Some Things I Believe
[I’ve accumulated these slowly over the years, mostly from other people, and inserted them into my own latticework. If any of the below happen to be your idea, or you recognize someone else’s, just let me know and I’m happy to provide credit. People that influence my thinking a lot include: Nassim Taleb, Naval Ravikant, Shane Parrish, Patrick Collison, Balaji Srinivasan, and Sam Hinkie.]
- Good systems typically outperform goals.
- Plodding along in the right direction matters.
- The universe rewards people biased towards action.
- Learning is like sweeping. You have to keep doing it.
- You should invest in things that compound: relationships, physical health and finances.
- If the first order consequences are negative, but the second and third order consequences are positive, it’s probably worth doing.
- You should look for and take advantage of asymmetric opportunities in life and business (where the upside is limitless and the downside is almost negligible.)
- To live a great life, you should focus with energetic intention on things that really matter — in work, at home, and in your soul — and not waste too much attention on things that don’t.
Companies I Admire:
- 87 Capital
- On Deck
- A sense of urgency with a long-term vision towards the future
- A writing-heavy culture that enables rigorous thinking and extreme attention to detail
- Synthesis School