It’s that time again party people. Voting has opened for June’s Top 10 Gen Y blogs. You have until Friday May 29th, to submit your ballots.
Check out the latest lists:
Recall the rules:
Below is the ballot featuring all the blogs that received votes last month. This is the easiest way for me to do the ballot. You’re more than welcome to use the comments section (or e-mail) to suggest additional blogs, and if they meet the criteria I’ll certainly add them. I know I forgot some, there’s probably even a duplicate or two. No need to complain, just help me out and I’ll ensure they end up on the ballot.
You can rank the blogs you submit any way you’d like, though I would encourage you to consider some of the following criteria:
- Frequency of updates
- Valuable and interesting links (embedded or in the blogroll)
- Aesthetic (i.e navigation, functionality, and to some extent looks)
- Ability to incite conversation, thought-provoking comments/discussion
- The blogs must directly relate to Gen Y/Millennials*
- One ballot per person
- Your ballot must have at least 5 blogs listed to be included – This is the one most people forget.
- You -can- vote for your own blog
- If you feel compelled to include a great post that showcases why you chose a particular blog I won’t hate you
- Don’t try to game the system! When I get 8-10 ballots that all have the same blog #1, and the next four all the same, but slightly re-arranged. C’mon guys. It’s great to encourage your friends, but not at the expense of the lists’ integrity.
*For clarification purposes – This is not a list of the best Gen Y bloggers based on their demographic, but about the best blogs that deliver value for the Gen Y demographic. For example if a 26-year old writes brilliantly about the latest tech inventions, though he is Gen Y, he’s probably not a good fit for this list. The alternative is a 40-year old writing about approaches Gen Y can take to get a job in the current economic climate is very relevant. Honestly, I don’t mind that the line blurs as long as great bloggers get recognition. Take that for what it’s worth.
Please submit your list of top Gen Y Blogs to ryanstephensmarketing(at)gmail.com no later than May 29th, 2009. If feedback from all of you indicates that a submission form would be a lot easier, I might create one, but in the meantime shoot me your lists.
Oh, and if anyone wants to make me a badge that people can use to post on their blog when they make the list, I’d be very appreciative of that (h/t Dan Schawbel for that idea.)
Without further ado …
Personal Branding Blog
Girl Meets Business
The Mad Grad
The Rest is Still Unwritten
Work Love Life
The Millennium Marketer
I Hate HR
Two Notes Ahead
Gen Y PR Prescriptions
Check out the ballot and vote for your top 10 Gen Y Blogs for June ’09 — http://bit.ly/8nzCr